Sunday, June 20, 2010

Website Creating Tools


I thought to add this section and list some of my favorite web tools. They really helped me and made my life easier when it comes to managing and promoting my website.

It might be some of the tools, you have never heard about. So don’t try to figure them all out. You will appreciate them once you start building your site.

I can’t think of any reason why anyone would still want to use Internet Explorer today. Compared to Firefox, it’s slower, not as safe and doesn’t have the cool, free plug-ins.

Also, when you start learning how to create websites, you’ll develop a strong appreciation for how Firefox handles Web code over Internet Explorer. And don’t worry, you can easily import your IE bookmarks over.

2.    FireFTP
An FTP stands for file transfer protocol. This is a plugin you can add to the Firefox browse and allows you to safely transfer your file from your computer to the web host.

3.    Firebug
Another Firefox plugin. This allows you to edit, inspect and test your HTML and CSS code right from your browser. You can also use this plug-in to view someone else’s CSS code if you find yourself wondering “How’d they do that??”

Adobe Dreamweaver It is a fabulous tool for beginner and advance Web designers. One key aspect of creating attractive, functional sites is learning CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). This software really helped me grasp the basics of this language. I use Dreamweaver to manage all my sites. Now I’m able to code a lot of CSS from scratch.

I started with Dreamweaver, but when I used Web Expression, I went mind blowing. It screwed me up. It is far better than Dreamweaver. I am not saying that Dreamweaver is not good, but Web Expression is better.
I highly recommend using Web Expression 4. I created my site www.hd-wallpaperz.org using this software. You can download trial version of it here.

It is a great site to download free CSS template. It you don’t want to scratch, you can download ass kicking templates from here and edit it as per your liking.

Once you build your site, you’ll want to become familiar with GWT because it can help you improve your site’s visibility in Google’s search by creating a sitemap, staying on top of broken URLs, etc.

This is the only Website statistic program you’ll ever need, and best of all, it’s FREE! Just install a few lines of code on your site and receive a plethora of visitor reports such as unique visitors, referring sites, most popular pages and more.

Is there any tool that I left? If so, just let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I think a good web browser is very essential like google crome and firefox.They have some cool plugins that will make your life easy.

    ReplyDelete